Monday, April 6, 2009

89/365


March 29, 2009
I brought the girls to visit my grandparents' grave before leaving Lafayette. It was the first time they had been there and they were really quiet and sweet. I think they felt like they were doing something very important and grown up. We stopped at Michael's beforehand so they could each choose a silk bouquet. I really wanted to bring them while Isabella still remembered them. We talked about Meme and Papaw and I told her stories that I remembered about them. She had tons of questions and we talked about them for at least an hour on the drive back home. She was interested in Papaw's service in WWII, and wanted to see Meme pictures form when she was younger. I liked being able to share happy memories of them with my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment