Monday, March 9, 2009

67/365


March 8, 2009

This afternoon we went to the Zoo of Acadiana. It was nicer than I had expected. It's on about 40 acres of property. They have quite a few large, exotic animals, and a train that rides you out to the "safari adventure" area. It was really nice.

The reason we went today though, was because Dora the Explorer was there. Oh my goodness! Everyone in town was there! Luckily my well-laid plans were foiled and we got there much later than I had planned. That meant we missed standing in line for 3+ hours to see Dora. Thank goodness for small favors!

While we were in line waiting, we watched this panther play with her trainer. She would act like she was not interested in the stick she was holding, then leap up and chase it down the path. She was very playful and a gorgeous animal. The lighting was very dim because it was getting dark. Although there is some blurring from so much motion, I love the look I caught on her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment